好評・信頼を得ること、是認、称賛／〔be ~ to someone〕（人などにとって）誇り・名誉となる人・事物 - She is a credit to the school.／〔pl.〕（映画など）制作に関わったことを記すこと／修業単位／vt. 功績を認める／良い性質を備えていると思う／学業単位を与える
= praise, source of satisfaction, source of pride, feather in one's cap, honor, prestige, esteem, belief, confidence, faith, trust…
- I give you credit for your hard work. 頑張りましたね
- ...which lends credit to it's authenticity 本物の証拠になる
= believe, accept, have faith in, rely on, trust…
- They are credited for good service. 良いサービスで知られる
- I credited you with a little more sense.
- The cheetah is generally credited as the world's fastest animal. (Oxford)
- He's been promoted—would you credit it? 《英》
do (someone) credit (to someone/something) 行いが賞賛に値する
- Your honesty does you great credit. (Oxford Dictionary)
have something to one's credit 功績を残す
- He's only 30, and he already has four novels to his credit.
on the credit side = the good side of it is that
- On the credit side, she’s always willing to work very late.
to someone's credit （人）のおかげで、の働きで
- To his credit, Jack never told anyone exactly what had happened.
- It was to her credit that she managed to stay calm.